RSS

Ramadan

Ramadan is a truly special month for me for more than one reason. I was born during Ramadan and I first found out I was expecting during this month.
 
A few years ago, Ramadan meant going for Tharawih with my neighbours, attending Qiyam Al Layl prayers on all of the last 10 days of the month, etc. Sadly, with two young ones its no longer possible. People tell me I should just take them and go but I think it's unfair to the other worshippers that they should be distracted by two screaming kids.
 
Even so, the beauty of Ramadan is unmatched. The men get home early. A lot less cooking translates into a lot more family time. A lot of Quran recitation that echoes through the house.  A lot of duas. My dad tells us stories from the Quran. Arfaz often goes to labour camps and comes back with heart warming stories that are then shared around the dinner table. All in all, it's a beautiful month of ibada and togetherness.
 
I take this opportunity to revamp my blog a bit. I have often been asked by people what I blog about and I would hem and haw and say "just about life." I have lately realized that its important to give your blog a personality. Hence, I am giving it a parenthood spin. It will probably help all my friends and followers to learn from my experiences. I look forward to getting support from all you lovely people out there. Your comments and suggestions are what always keeps me going.
 
Ramadan Kareem!!

3 comments:

Hashu said...

:) so you intend to scare some people like me :p

thahseen said...

love your new theme Nachutha :)..keep going !! waiting for new posts :)

Nasreen said...

@Hashina- well sort of :P
@Thachi- thank you...keep sending me your comments